ONUG’s Cloud Security Notification Framework (CSNF) solution plays a pivotal role in enhancing cloud security across CSPs. CSNF and its related Canonical Data Model (CDM) enables the enterprise to address evolving threats while reducing toil for the SOC by facilitating integration with SIEM/SOAR platforms and bolstering incident detection and response capabilities. Learn more about CSNF here, then get ready for the ONUG Fall 2023 Hackathon!
In support of the CSNF initiative and on behalf of its membership, ONUG is excited to announce the first-ever ONUG Multi-Cloud Security Hackathon. This event, in the form of a “Capture-the-Flag” competition, will challenge enterprise security engineers and operators who manage multi-cloud environments to demonstrate their ability to identify and respond to security threats from across multiple CSP platforms. Participants will meet this challenge specifically by leveraging the capabilities of ONUG’s “Cloud Security Notification Framework” (CSNF) (csnf.netlify.app), which has recently been developed into a Splunk “Technical Add-On” within its “Splunkbase” ecosystem.
The goal of this event is for security professionals to leverage ONUG’s CSNF architecture and its accompanying Canonical Data Model (CDM) in conjunction with a leading industry SIEM/SOAR platform such as Splunk, or an alternative of their choosing, to achieve one or more of the following objectives:
Capture-the-Flag (CTF) Gamification Competition
The event will occur within the context of a pre-established, virtual “Cyber Range” environment where competitors will:
- Discover and identify major cyber threats within the various public cloud environments
- Explain the nature of the cyber threats identified and specifically what harm or damage they might be able to cause in an enterprise environment
- Identify the source of the cyber threats discovered (e.g., country of origin, and perhaps a particular group of actors as revealed by their attack profile)
- Identify the attack surface(s) targeted
- Lay out a remediation approach
Submissions will be judged by a team of industry experts, with the results of the Competition being revealed and winners announced at an Award Ceremony at the Conference’s conclusion – and streamed LIVE! A post-ONUG conference press release will be posted to social media.
- Leverage the Power of CSNF and CDM (Canonical Data Model): ONUG’s CSNF and CDM provide a powerful framework for simplifying network operations and accelerating digital transformation. By participating in our CTF event, you’ll have the opportunity to explore the full potential of these technologies and discover innovative ways to leverage them in a SIEM/SOAR environment.
- Showcase Your Skills: This hackathon offers a platform to showcase your technical expertise and creativity. Collaborate with your team members to design and implement groundbreaking solutions that utilize CSNF and CDM effectively. Demonstrate your ability to solve real-world challenges faced by organizations today. The first and second place winners will present their projects at ONUG in front of an audience of Global 2,000 IT professionals.
- Network with Industry Leaders: The ONUG Fall 2023 Conference brings together industry experts, thought leaders and decision-makers. As a hackathon participant, you’ll have exclusive access to connect and engage with these influential individuals. Build valuable relationships, expand your professional network and gain insights from industry pioneers.
- Exciting Prizes Await: Compete for coveted prizes! The hackathon winners will be awarded valuable prizes, recognition and exposure to industry experts. Showcase your talents and innovative solutions to a distinguished panel of judges who will evaluate your team’s projects based on creativity, effectiveness and technical implementation.
- Gain Valuable Experience: Participating in the ONUG Fall 2023 Hackathon will provide you with hands-on experience in leveraging CSNF and CDM. This unique opportunity will broaden your skill set and enhance your understanding of these technologies, giving you a competitive edge in the ever-evolving technology landscape.
Who Can Participate?
- Participation is open to all ONUG Fall 2023 Conference attendees who have registered to participate in the CTF Competition
- Participation is open to cybersecurity and networking professionals, developers and students. Both consumers and suppliers are welcome.
- Participation is closed to employees of ONUG LLC and Splunk, Inc.
Next Steps / Event Registration
Stay tuned to ONUG.net for more information on the event and registration details.